For players living on the East Coast of the United States, Atlantic City slots are very popular. Even if you don’t live in this part of the world, if you can make your way to Atlantic City, New Jersey you are in for the time of your life.
Although Atlantic City has been attracting tourists for more than 100 years, it was just in the 1970’s that gambling in the area took off. In today’s day and age, Atlantic City slots are only second to Las Vegas slots in terms of popularity.
When it comes to the sheer number of games, Atlantic City can hold its own. If you were to add up all the slots in Atlantic City the final tally would be in excess of 45,000. This does not take into consideration the thousands of other games and tables including poker, video poker, blackjack, roulette, and craps among others.
What do I need to know about Atlantic City Slots?
The main thing to remember about Atlantic City slot machines is that you don’t have to rush into anything that doesn’t feel right. As noted above, there are tens of thousands of slot games in the city – they are spread throughout a variety of casinos, both big and small. Once you know what you are looking for you should be able to find it with relative ease.
Atlantic City slots are available in many denominations including: penny slots, nickel slots, quarter slots, dollar slots, and more. Believe it or not, there are some machines in the city where you can wager $100 or more per spin. These high roller slots may not be right for you, but don’t be surprised if you see people playing them.
Atlantic City Casinos
With so many Atlantic City casinos to choose from it can be difficult to settle down and play. The following casinos are among the most popular, so you may want to start with these:
- Borgata Casino Atlantic City
- Caesars Casino Atlantic City
- Harrah’s Casino Atlantic City
- Showboat Casino Atlantic City
- Taj Mahal Casino Atlantic City
- Tropicana Casino Atlantic City
If you opt to play at one of these casinos you won’t be disappointed. Those who are interested in nothing more than Atlantic City slots should head for Showboat Casino. With more than 2,600 slot machines, including new releases, this casino has everything you are looking for.
Tips for Playing Atlantic City Slot Machines
1. Your selection is not limited. There are more than 45,000 slot machines in Atlantic City. What more could you want? From penny slots to high stake slots, you can find something that puts a smile on your face – and hopefully more money in your pocket.
2. Some casinos are better than others. You are going to come across large, well known casinos as well as those that don’t seem to offer nearly as much. There is nothing wrong with focusing most of your time on the popular, well traveled casinos noted above. But at the same time, don’t overlook the rest. You never know when you will find a diamond in the rough.
3. Keep one eye on your budget at all times. This is important no matter what type of casino slots you are playing. The only time you don’t have to worry about a budget is if you are playing free slots online.
It is easy to overlook Atlantic City slots if you don’t live in the area. After all, Las Vegas is the number one gambling destination in the world. Those who continually pass on this trip to New Jersey are really missing out on a good time.
From a large selection of games to high quality casinos and much more, when you play Atlantic City slots you are going to enjoy yourself.